05 August 2007

Keep Up On Release Dates, Conferences, and Other Important Events in FOSS

I've added a new link on the left. It's in the "Other Links" section as "FOSS Calendar." It's a Google calendar, feel free to subscribe yourself to it. I'm putting release dates (Fedora 8, Ubuntu 7.10, OOo 2.3...), conferences (UDS Boston, for example), and other "holidays" (ex: Software Freedom Day) on it, so everyone can know what's going on. If you've got a date for me to add, email it to me at macoafi@gmail.com. If you do that a few times (basically, if I think you're not likely to spam it) and have a Google ID, I'll add you to the "people who can edit it" thing.


2 comments:

Jack said...

LinuxWorld in San Francisco is going all week this week. Gnome and KDE dates are probably good (but I don't know them...)

I am glad to see you including Fedora dates as well. I still have a lot of respect for that distro and use it on my desktop, though I use ubuntu on the laptop.

*Anyway, back to salivating over the new Darter Ultra at system76.com

Mackenzie said...

Well if gentoo.org showed an actual date not "some time in October-ish" for 2007.1 I'd include that too :P I don't want it to be just Ubuntu stuff.