04 March 2008

NIN "Ghosts I" Ogg Vorbis Torrent

For anyone who hasn't heard about Nine Inch Nails releasing a 36-track album called Ghosts I-IV as CC-by-NC-SA, they did. The first 9 tracks (Ghosts I) were released free on Bittorrent as MP3s. The full thing can be downloaded as FLAC for $5 with cover art, extra stuff, and a 40-page PDF. A member of the Ubuntuforums zip'd up high-quality, patent-free Ogg-Vorbis versions of the FLACs, and I made a torrent of the Oggs. Please don't all download it at once. I don't have the bandwidth. But if a few people could download it to start seeding (or download the zip and the .torrent file then match them up by telling your torrent client to save over the zip), that'd be great.


6 comments:

Jordi said...

Dude, this rocks. Thanks but one request, though. Why do you put everything into one zip? It makes it inconvenient to download, and it doesn't compress anything. If you only want one song, you have to download all of them at once. Please don't do this. :-(

Mackenzie said...

The zip is how I got it. I just turned that into a torrent.

Jordi said...

I don't mean to be too much of a whiner, since you are file sharing, and that's awesome, but... please unzip it before you make the torrent when you get a zip from upstream.

I'm confused... I thought you created the Oggs from the FLAC yourself. Is NIN actually selling Ogg themselves? That would be extremely enlightened. :-)

Mackenzie said...

No, a member of the Ubuntuforums did it. Read the paragraph.

Jordi said...

Oh. It says "I member of the Ubuntu forums". I thought that was something like "I robot".

At any rate, I'm gonna download your torrent, unzip it, and retorrent it. This afternoon, when I have bittorrent access.

Thanks for sharing!

Mackenzie said...

That'll teach me not to proof read