21 July 2009

What Will We Use?

I mentioned Bethlynn's bet that Bug 1 would be fixed by the end of June 2011 before. She was blogging over on her LiveJournal, but since a lot of comments seemed to go missing before even hitting her moderation queue, she now has a new blog to track bug 1, called What Will We Use? She has asked me to help her with the site, so I've got an article up there now, talking about the Hundred Papercuts project and the work being done to make our desktops more usable.

I think Amber will also be writing there. At least, she seemed interested when I asked her (this would be after I asked Bethlynn if I could ask her, and Bethlynn replied "the 'why not you?' lady from SELF? YES!"). Hmmm...it looks like this blog is all folks from Ubuntu Women so far. Of course, some non-Ubuntu folks would be nice, and being a woman isn't a requirement either. If you want to write there, leave a comment on her the 'write for us' page.


6 comments:

ROHIT GOEL said...

hey ur blog is really informative..
keep sharing such articles with us...

thanx
cheers
Rohit

Christopher M said...

I just noticed your sidebar.. your a KDE GAL? you use KUBUNT instead of UBUNT? nice!

--- Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

Mackenzie said...

Yep, I switched to KDE in January when 4.2 was released.

Christopher M said...

@Mackenzie NICE!

I tried KDE 4 and hated it on SUSE I dont like how the desktop is a container. BLAH!

I rather have it where my desktop icons are like windows I can put them anywhere I want... I just felt odd having to put everything in containers

--- Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

Mackenzie said...

That's configurable in KDE 4.3. I kind of like having my icons all shoved together and scrollable. It seems a bit more "tidy" and lets me not be anal about cleaning up ~/Desktop so much :P

Rob said...

Hi Kenzie,

I would give my eye teeth to see Bug 1 fixed. But as long as there are gullible people out there that are brainwashed into believing that MS is the be all to end all, then there isn't any hope. Take note of what Redmond is doing with the minds of Best Buy employees. If you can't beat'em, join'em or tell outright lies (which is what's going on here) Mind you, that doesn't mean I have no hope. I am an optimist as well as a realist. The main thing is my spouse digs Ubuntu on my Acer Aspire One and I have converted somebody. My kids play their online games on their Ubuntu desktop (my old puter). I keep a dual boot Ubuntu and XP on my new computer but that is because I play commercial games. One step at a time I guess.