01 October 2009

OLF Follow-up

Ohio LinuxFest was fun as usual. Others have already written about it on their blogs, so I'll save some of the repetition. Three of the guys from Southeast LinuxFest approached me about talking there next year. ZaReason had a table showing off their Terra A20 netbook and a couple machines that are not yet available for sale (yay! previews!). Earl asked me about an audio problem they were having with one of the preview machines, so I got out a Karmic UNR stick and booted from it. Turns out it works fine in Karmic. Go ALSA people!

I've got photos from the wedding, pre-party, event, and after-party on my Flickr. There are three videos of Greg Grossmeier dancing like Carlton from Fresh Prince. I've also got a video of a MacBook failing to properly detect a projector when we (the speakers) were testing our laptops with the projectors on Friday. For the record, xrandr --output VGA1 --same-as LVDS1 --mode 1024x768 ; xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1024x768 was all I needed (note: too lazy to learn to use the GUI).

I told everybody I'd post my slides on my blog so here's the Slideshare link.


jorge said...

Hey hey, my laptop worked ootb without that command line mumbo jumbo!

Greg said...

I forgot about those videos of me dancing! Hilarious! Thanks for posting (I think). :)

dadgadjohn said...

Glad it went well. Also, GREAT looking new theme on the your page.